[PHPBB3-11363] Migrations module tool does not load info files from extensions Created: 25/Feb/13  Updated: 22/Jan/17  Resolved: 04/Mar/13

Status: Closed
Project: phpBB3
Component/s: Other
Affects Version/s: 3.1.0-dev
Fix Version/s: 3.1.0-a1

Type: Bug Priority: Blocker
Reporter: Blitze Assignee: David King
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None

Issue Links:
Dependency
depends on PHPBB3-11381 Finder cannot find items for non-enab... Closed
GitHub Pull Request URL: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/1256

 Description   

Please see the following post for full description: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=108&p=251321#p251319



 Comments   
Comment by EXreaction [X] (Inactive) [ 27/Feb/13 ]

Blitze, would you be able to test your code on my branch in the pull request?

https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/1252

Comment by Blitze [ 27/Feb/13 ]

I tested it and it works really well both for adding new modules and removing them, although there it's a problem removing module categories created by extensions but I'll test further and post a separate ticket for that.

Thanks

Comment by EXreaction [X] (Inactive) [ 27/Feb/13 ]

Thank you for testing it.

Comment by EXreaction [X] (Inactive) [ 01/Mar/13 ]

Blitze, are you sure this works? I'm pretty sure it doesn't because the finder doesn't search for files in extensions that are not enabled yet (I'm testing it now and it's not working correctly for me).

Comment by Blitze [ 01/Mar/13 ]

It worked when I tried it. I was using an enabled extension. What I tested was the code you merged on 2/28. I think the changes you merged today to migrstions/tools/module.php and to acp_module.php broke it. It doesn't work for me either.

Comment by David King [ 01/Mar/13 ]

The code that was merged has a small bug in it that I have submitted a patch for. With that patch, I have tested and it works properly.

Removing a module when purging an extension is messed up, but I have submitted a ticket for that.

Comment by Blitze [ 01/Mar/13 ]

Correction: the extension I was using could not have been enabled before being installed. But it worked. So I don't understand the reason for 11381. It caused this problem

Comment by EXreaction [X] (Inactive) [ 02/Mar/13 ]

I could not get it to work without 11381. The way the code was designed I couldn't see how it possibly could have worked.

Generated at Thu Dec 13 19:59:41 UTC 2018 using Jira 7.12.3#712004-sha1:5ef91d760d7124da5ebec5c16a948a4a807698df.