When viewing forum permissions "No role assigned", can appear for three different cases and you need to click the advanced permission link to know exactly what is going on.
- If the permissions were changed on an individual forum using advanced permissions "No role assigned...." is applied but permissions are set.
- If the permissions were changed on an individual forum under advanced permissions but match a role "No role assigned...." is also applied.
- If a group has never been added to a forum this effectively gives them "No Access" permissions. If you select multiple forums under Forum Based Permissions >> Forum permissions and then select multiple groups to edit their permissions "No role assigned...." is applied.
- "No role assigned, has advanced permissions set", perhaps even a link "Do you want to create a role?"
- The roles should be checked for a match and the proper role title applied if there is a match otherwise default to 1.
- "No permissions, group has not been added to this forum"