Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Unverified Fix
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 3.1.5
    • Fix Version/s: 3.1.6-RC1
    • Component/s: Other
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      Reference this topic -> https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2322351

      Since upgrading to phpBB 3.1.5, it no longer loads CDN resources. To verify this wasn't a weird issue on my side, I installed 3.1.4 and 3.1.5 cleanly with the same effect. Not sure which change caused the break.

        Activity

        Hide
        Oyabun1 Oyabun1 added a comment -

        I can duplicate this issue. However, the problem only seems to be with the web font.

        The problem seems to be related to the use of the "Web Font Loader" code. As a quick check replacing the overall_header.html file with the one from 3.1.4, which didn't use the Web Font Loader JavaScript, the Open Sans font loads correctly.

        Show
        Oyabun1 Oyabun1 added a comment - I can duplicate this issue. However, the problem only seems to be with the web font. The problem seems to be related to the use of the "Web Font Loader" code. As a quick check replacing the overall_header.html file with the one from 3.1.4, which didn't use the Web Font Loader JavaScript, the Open Sans font loads correctly.
        Hide
        bantu Andreas Fischer added a comment - - edited

        Oyabun1: In that case please provide more information about your environment. E.g., which operating system and browser are you using?

        Show
        bantu Andreas Fischer added a comment - - edited Oyabun1: In that case please provide more information about your environment. E.g., which operating system and browser are you using?
        Hide
        Oyabun1 Oyabun1 added a comment -

        On remote:
        x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
        LiteSpeed 6.7.1
        PHP 5.5.25
        Firefox 38.0.5
        and
        Comodo Dragon 42.2.2.138 (Chromium based)

        On local:
        Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
        Apache 2.4.2
        PHP 5.4.3
        same browsers

        However, I'm not seeing Open Sans at Area51 either.

        Show
        Oyabun1 Oyabun1 added a comment - On remote: x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu LiteSpeed 6.7.1 PHP 5.5.25 Firefox 38.0.5 and Comodo Dragon 42.2.2.138 (Chromium based) On local: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Apache 2.4.2 PHP 5.4.3 same browsers However, I'm not seeing Open Sans at Area51 either.
        Hide
        kinerity Kailey Truscott added a comment -

        I apologize - I reported this as CDN since the issue appeared to be with the CDN switch. Bill is right - this deals with the Web Font Loader code. Tested on 3 different servers (2 remote, one local) and all have the same issue. I also see the issue at Area51 as indicated above.

        Show
        kinerity Kailey Truscott added a comment - I apologize - I reported this as CDN since the issue appeared to be with the CDN switch. Bill is right - this deals with the Web Font Loader code. Tested on 3 different servers (2 remote, one local) and all have the same issue. I also see the issue at Area51 as indicated above.
        Hide
        Marc Marc added a comment - - edited

        I just noticed that the font seems to be loaded in the WOFF2 file format. This seems to be unsupported on some browsers:
        http://caniuse.com/#feat=woff2

        edit: This is in fact not causing any issues. The webfont loader will load the file type depending on the user agent. For example with firefox a woff file is loaded instead of woff2.

        Show
        Marc Marc added a comment - - edited I just noticed that the font seems to be loaded in the WOFF2 file format. This seems to be unsupported on some browsers: http://caniuse.com/#feat=woff2 edit: This is in fact not causing any issues. The webfont loader will load the file type depending on the user agent. For example with firefox a woff file is loaded instead of woff2.
        Hide
        Marc Marc added a comment -

        Could you please check if it helps if you replace this line:

        families: ['Open Sans:n6']

        With this one:

        families: ['Open+Sans:600:cyrillic-ext,latin,greek-ext,greek,vietnamese,latin-ext,cyrillic']

        in prosilver's overall_header.html?

        Show
        Marc Marc added a comment - Could you please check if it helps if you replace this line: families: ['Open Sans:n6'] With this one: families: ['Open+Sans:600:cyrillic-ext,latin,greek-ext,greek,vietnamese,latin-ext,cyrillic'] in prosilver's overall_header.html?
        Hide
        Oyabun1 Oyabun1 added a comment -

        Replacing that line fixed it for me.

        Show
        Oyabun1 Oyabun1 added a comment - Replacing that line fixed it for me.
        Hide
        kinerity Kailey Truscott added a comment -

        That fixed it for me too! =)

        Show
        kinerity Kailey Truscott added a comment - That fixed it for me too! =)

          People

          • Assignee:
            Marc Marc
            Reporter:
            kinerity Kailey Truscott
          • Votes:
            1 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            4 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Development