Adding an option for each forum that will limit the number of subforums that are displayed in the forum's legend to direct children only.
- Having a single child level is conceptually a better idea (why else would every other vendor do this), because it emphasizes the hierarchy much more clearly and can significantly reduce clutter...
- ... but some users like the current way of bunching them all together without any structure.
- So if we want to implement this, we will either need to implement it as:
A global ACP setting which limits the depth of the children in the legend (or no limit at all)
- A setting that limits the level on a per-forum basis, configurable for each forum/category (or no limit at all)
A UCP setting so that users can set it themselves
- Show all subforums by default (same as current behavior)